Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Housing Hunting in Indiana

Yesterday was day 1 of house hunting in Indiana. We have been looking forward to this for almost a year! When we first felt called to Fishers we got online and looked up houses. We just wanted to see what the market was like and what kind of house to expect. We were both blown away with what kind of house we were probably going to end up with. Since that time, we have regularly looked up potential houses and would share them with each other. We have had so much fun just dreaming about when we would actually be able to start officially looking. Since we've sold our house, we had to get serious about looking and making a list of the houses we wanted to look at. Over the past couple of weeks, I have started to feel guilty about how excited I am. I've been called to help plant a church, not to get a bigger house. I just want to make sure that my focus is on the right thing.

Two of my very dear friends helped me with this. I shared with both of them that I was feeling guilty about how excited I was. Both of them basically said the same thing at different times. This is a moment I should enjoy. I should be excited! God has called us here and wants to bless us. He's excited that I'm excited. Not every moment will be this fun. There will be moments that are hard. We have had a rough six months. It seems like something around the house goes wrong every other week. I can't believe how much money we've spent fixing everything. Somebody different has been sick in the family for most of the last 3 months. Satan is attacking us. And in the midst of it all, God is blessing us with this fun and exciting time.

The sermon series we're in at church is This IS our God. I just love that title! We're not talking about what God has done for us. What God will do with us. We are talking about who God IS. What makes up his very being. His Goodness. His Greatness. His Faithfulness. God has called us to help plant SCC. And because of His greatness, His goodness I will also be moving closer to my family. We will be moving into a bigger house where we will actually feel like we can entertain and have fun with others.

So, I'm off in a few minutes for day 2. And instead of feeling guilty, I'm going to be thanking God for His goodness! Thankful for the amazing Realtor He provided. Thankful for the beautiful houses we're seeing. Thankful I get to do it with my son and later with Doug. What a blessed day! What a blessed life!

No comments:

Post a Comment