Friday, August 28, 2009

Jazlyn Pooped in the Potty!

I have been working with Jazlyn on potty training for awhile now. She does really good when she's at home and is naked. She tends to pee in her clothes when she's wearing them. Well, today I had to get groceries and took her with me. When we were in the third store she said she had to go pee. I took her to the bathroom but she didn't go. She really doesn't like using public toilets. We had two more stores to go to so I was sure she would just pee in her pull up. When we got home, I asked her if she had to go pee and she said yes. I took her pull up off and it was dry! I made a huge deal out of it and gave her tons of hugs and smooches. Well, tonight she came to me upstairs and said she had to go poop. I again made a big deal out of it and she sat on the upstairs toilet and didn't poop. I told her she was not to poop on the floor or she would get in trouble. I went back to the kitchen and she said she'd poop here, meaning her pink potty chair. She sat on it but just peed. I told her not to poop on the floor or she would be in trouble. She said "I go in timeout?" I said "Yes, if you poop on the floor you will go in timeout. If you have to poop, poop in the potty." She said "I don't wanna go timeout." So I said "then poop in the potty and not on the floor." We both came downstairs and Doug and I were working on some craft items. Next thing I know, Jazz is hollering from the bathroom saying "I pooped!" We went in there and sure enough, she had pooped in the potty! We danced and laughed and she of course got a sucker. Then she starting singing "I poop, I poop" It was so cute! One step closer to no pull ups and no diapers and more importantly....no more cleaning poop up off the floor!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment