Friday, August 12, 2011

In the Waiting

It's so hard, this time that we're at right now. For so long after we were called to Fishers, we were so busy getting ready. We had to finish our house so we could get it on the market. Then we did some "staging" so it would look it's best. Now our house is on the market and we're just waiting. Waiting. Something that is so easy, yet so hard. I mean, what is required of me right now? Nothing. I just wait. Oh but how much goes into waiting. Patience. Trust. Faith.

I have no doubt that we'll make it to Fishers. The problem is, when? I really thought we'd be there by now, or at the very least have an offer on our house so were actively moving that way. Well, here we sit, waiting. I just have to keep reminding myself that God's timing is perfect. He has a buyer for our house, in His time. He has the perfect house for us over there, in His time. He also has the perfect job for Doug, yep, in His time. I get frustrated, especially when I hear of others that felt called after us and they're already there. I give it to God and trust Him and it seems like a couple of hours later I'm thinking about it again.

I read Habbukuk today. I felt that's what God wanted me to read. I came across these verses. I think I'm going to write them on an index card and carry it with me. I'm sure it won't take long to memorize with how many times I'll be reading it. But let the words be engraved on my heart. God's promise to me and my family. It will come, we just have to live by faith in the waiting.

Habbukuk 2:2-4

Then the LORD answered me and said:

“ Write the vision
And make it plain on tablets,
That he may run who reads it.
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time;
But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie.
Though it tarries, wait for it;
Because it will surely come,
It will not tarry.
4 “ Behold the proud,
His soul is not upright in him;
But the just shall live by his faith

No comments:

Post a Comment