Thursday, November 24, 2011

So thankful!

I'm sitting on my couch with Brandt. Doug, Austin and Jazz just left for Thanksgiving with the family. Brandt's been sick for several days, so I'm staying home with him. It looks like he's finally getting better, for which I am very thankful. I hate that I'm missing family Thanksgiving. For most of them, this is the only time during the year that I see them. But, I get to spend the day with my boy. We are planning on playing several games and just having fun, for as long as he's up to it. Sounds like a good Thanksgiving to me!

I've really been thinking about all I have to be thankful for. This whole year has been filled with thankful moments. One year ago Doug and I were fasting and praying if we were supposed to move to Indiana to help plant Second Chance Church. I can hardly believe it's been a year! Since then, we're both 100% certain of this call God has put on our lives. We've finished remodeling our house, listed it and at this moment are under contract with a closing date at the end of January. I've started homeschooling our kids and we all love it. My Jazzy Girl business has grown and has enabled us to get out of credit card debt and pay down our car loan significantly. We have all been healthy and Doug and I will be celebrating 18 years of marriage on Sunday. Wow! What a year!

As I reread that paragraph, I have to give 100%, total credit and glory to God.

James 1:17
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.


None of these things are coincidences. I'm not even sure I believe in that word. God has worked everything out so perfectly. It was hard waiting so long for our house to sell. It's hard being one of the final couples to make it to Fishers. It's hard to miss all of the meetings and bible studies that are going on right now. But, God had a plan. He still has a plan. We are on His path for us and I'm so thankful. Doug recently got promoted to a temporary sergeant position. It will last until the end of January and possibly the first few weeks in February. We close on our house January 31st and Doug will work a few weeks after that. They both coincide so perfectly, it can only be a God thing.

It's so exciting to see God do things in your life. I hope others are watching and seeing how God is working as well. I'm so thankful for a God that loves me so much. Sometimes, I just can't comprehend it. You know what I do? I look at my kids and think, wow, God loves me more than I love them. Now that is something to be in awe of and so thankful for!


No comments:

Post a Comment