Monday, February 13, 2012

15 Years Ago Today...

I became a mom. Wow! What a change to my life. Austin David Jones was born on February 13, 2007 at 4:10pm. Doug and I were so disillusioned about becoming parents. We thought it was just going to be loads of fun. Although it is, it is also a lot of work! Thankfully, with Austin, it has not been that hard. He's just a good kid. He likes to do what we ask and to please us. He does things with out (too much) grumbling, I mean, come on, he is a teenager. He's just a joy in our lives. It so weird to think that he's 15 today. I feel like I have an official teenager now. I know that 13 & 14 are technically teenagers, but 15 just seems so much older somehow. What really doesn't seem right, is that I only have about 3 1/2 more years of him being with me all the time. I'm so thankful I homeschool so I can really treasure these times. I know he's going to start stretching out and being gone more, but he's still here. I cannot even imagine the day when he moves out and is not here every day. The day is coming, and my job is to prepare him for it. When it comes, I need to be thankful for my time with him and joyful that he is fulfilling the purposes God created him for. Not today though, today, I have him here.

So, Happy Birthday Austin. I love you so very, very much. You changed my life when you joined this world, in a way only you could.

Thank you God for the gift of children and being a parent. Thank you for this small glimpse of just how much you love us.

No comments:

Post a Comment