Sunday, May 8, 2011

Best Mother's Day Ever!



Well, today is officially the best Mother's Day ever! Yesterday I got groceries and Brandt went with me. I told him we needed to decide where we were eating lunch today for Mother's Day. He said we should go on a picnic, "we never do that." So, we bought everything for a picnic. We got up and went to church this morning -side note- amazing service! After the service, we came home, packed up the van and headed out. We went to a park in East Peoria. There was hardly anyone there! We laid our blanket out and ate our sandwiches and chips together as a family. Then, Austin took Jazzy to play on the playground and Doug and Brandt played football and baseball. I just laid on the blanket and listened to the giggling and laughing of my family. I dozed a little and read from my kindle. After we were done at the park, we stopped at Dairy Queen and bought ice cream - side note - $21 for ice cream! Holy Cow!

We came home and cleaned up Nesta's pen to get it ready for Ziggy. We then trimmed the bushes that haven't been trimmed in forever! Then Doug and I sat on the swing and just watched the kids play. After that we went for our 2 mile walk. Doug pushed Jazz in the stroller and the boys rode their bikes. Now we're just hanging out, watching tv and relaxing.

What a simple suggestion from Brandt. Go for a picnic. Doug and I have decided that this is something we want to do at least once a month, if not more! We had such a great day today and so did our kids! We want to enjoy these moments with them as much as possible and for as long as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment