Monday, May 23, 2011

Blessings....

are mine and 10,000 besides

"Great is Thy faithfulness!" "Great is Thy faithfulness!"
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
"Great is Thy faithfulness," Lord, unto me!

Source: http://www.hymnal.net/hymn.php/h/19#ixzz1NCajr0fW


So, this was not how I was going to start my blog. I typed in Blessings and just the words to this hymnal poured out.

This morning was Doug's morning to put the kids on the bus. I got woken up by him at 6:35 saying he would need my help because there was water all over the kitchen floor. I'm pretty sure the "Morning by morning new mercies I see" line from this hymn did not immediately pop into his head :) The water line to the ice maker somehow got a hole in it and was leaking. Not only is this not easy to repair since we dry walled in the shut off to this, but the water is sitting under our laminate flooring, causing it to warp. This is the floor you see when you first walk in the house, so very frustrating when we're trying to get it ready to sell. So, Doug had to take a vacation day to fix it. The good thing is, is that this should be only about an hour job. So, we decided to go ahead and start on the upstairs bathroom since he has the whole day off. At this time, the entire bathroom has been gutted and Doug is off to Menards to buy everything we need to finish it. This is the last big project in our renovation. So, what a blessing that he's getting started on it! It may not have been exactly when we planned, but it feels so good to have the last big thing underway!

I haven't had an etsy sell in three days. This is very frustrating to me because we rely on my etsy funds for all the little extras around here. But, as I was singing this song in my head "All I have needed, thy hand hath provided-great is thy faithfulness! really hit me. God has provided and is providing for everything we need. So we need to budget a little better, no big deal :) It's not like we're giving up anything big. Now, I only have three dresses to complete and I have all of my online orders done. I even have those thress dresses about 1/2 way done, so it should just take me a half hour or so to be completely caught up. Then I can focus on several local orders I need to get done, including about 10 dresses for a wedding. I can also work on things for my photo shoot that's in about a month and work on things for local shows. So, I'm going to get caught up on a lot of stuff. What a blessing!

So, when trouble comes, I'm going to try to find the blessings in it. Now, I may not do it well all the time, but I'm going to try.

Check out the words to the entire hymn. What's the saying? Oldy but a goody...

Great Is Thy Faithfulness Lyrics

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Refrain

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!

Summer and winter and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.

Refrain

Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth
Thine own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!

Refrain

No comments:

Post a Comment