Friday, June 10, 2011

It Makes no Sense

The Realtor came by yesterday and gave us an idea of what our house will probably sell for. We are relatively happy with the number she gave. It was within just a thousand or two of what we hoped to sell it for. She knows us. We bought this house from her and her husband works with Doug. She asked if we had a house in mind and we told her we were moving to Indiana. She wanted to know if Doug had a job lined up there. We told her no, and told her about our call to help plant Second Chance Church.

After she left I got to thinking about our conversation. She was really excited and supportive of us; however, I thought how logical it was that the first thing she thought was that Doug had some awesome job lined up and we were leaving everything here for that. Oh no! He has no job, hasn't had one call about any of the jobs he has applied for. Nope, what we're doing makes absolutely no sense. Hallelujah, Praise the Lord, it doesn't make sense! I just really took a second to think on that. What a privilege to just step out and do something for God. Something the world cannot possibly understand. I love sharing my story and have people just look at me like "what???"

Sometimes throughout my life I've questioned if I'm on the right path or not. Am I doing God's will? Does He want me to do this? You know, I have no doubts right now. I think when you're doing something that can't possibly make sense. When people look at you like you're crazy, it must be God's plan. This is what He loves. To challenge us. To stretch us. To call us to do something totally out there and have us to totally and completely trust Him through the process! Doug and I are just sitting here in faith waiting. Now, it may not look pretty all the time. I know I go through periods of doubt and wondering how this will all work out. I've never waivered with the call. I've never really even entertained the idea of not going. But sometimes, I question how we can leave all we have here. How can everything work out once we're there. Like I said, it may not be pretty, but you know what? I know God thinks it's beautiful. He looks at Doug and I and thinks "There's my kids, just doing what I've asked of them."

So, I am at peace. In fact, for about a week or two now I've just had this unexplainable peace. I'm not worried about a job for Doug, I just know God has one for him. I'm not worried about our house, I know He has a buyer for us and a house for us there. So right now I'm enjoying this peace. I'm enjoying the thought of God looking down, seeing me and smiling. I mean, that' what I I do when my kids listen and obey, so why wouldn't God be the same way with His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment