Friday, June 3, 2011

Four Years Ago Today....


God blessed us with a beautiful baby girl. I had wanted a baby girl for as long as I can remember. Oh to be able to dress her up and do her hair. I just knew it would be amazing! Well, I get pregnant for my first child. I told Doug I really didn't care what I had as long as the next one I have is the opposite. I said that, but I bought some dresses at a garage sale. My heart was longing for a girl. We had the ultrasound and found out it was a boy. Doug was so excited. I was not disappointed. I was happy to be having a baby, but in my mind was the next one better be a girl!

4 years later we get pregnant again. I just knew it would be a girl. We go to the ultrasound and I saw that it was boy before the doctor even told me. Doug didn't care and I thought I didn't care. We went to Baby Gap to pick out something fun for him and I saw all the cute little girl stuff and started crying. I adjusted and am so thankful for Brandt who has taught me so much as a parent.

We had always wanted only two kids, a boy and a girl. It's so funny how God's plans for our lives usually look different than our own. Once I became a stay at home mom, I started toying with the idea of having another baby. I would be able to be with this one all the time! So, I really had to search my heart and be ok with having a third child, whether it was a boy or a girl. Well, after a $5,000 bribe, I convinced Doug we should have another one.

I was diagnosed with previa a couple months into my pregnancy and was put on bed rest for two months. I had sonograms every two weeks to watch how everything was going. At one sonogram the sono tech told me the previa was still there which meant two more weeks of bed rest. I told her I would forgive her if she told me it was girl. She did the sono and towards the end said "I think I'm going to make your day." I grabbed her arm and said "It's a girl?!?" and she said yes! Seriously one of the happiest days of my life! I had several more sonograms and I always verified that she was a girl. In fact, the first thing I looked at when she came out at the hospital was to verify that she was girl. I just didn't trust that it was going to happen.

You know how you just long for something for so long and then you get it and it falls short of your expectations? Well, that is definitely not the case for me. I love having a little girl. I love the outfit changes and wanting her hair done. I love that she plays with baby dolls and loves to act like her mommy. It's just one of the best things in the world!

So, Happy Birthday Jazlyn SharonKay Jones. I love you so very much and truly thank God every day for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment