Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ask and it Will be Given to You

We have been remodeling our house for what seems like FOREVER! We are so close to being done! We had been waiting for the house to be complete before Doug started looking for jobs. A couple of days ago we took the plunge. I've been so ready to move into this next step. Now that we're here, it's so scary. I'm having a hard time thinking that Doug is going to find a job as good as the one he has now. Is he going to have a job that pays enough? I've been reading in John and here are the verses I've read over the past several days:

John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My works abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you

John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you

John 16:24 Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full


Now, do these verses mean I can ask for a pink elephant and "Bam!" God delivers? No. But if I'm totally in sync with Jesus, if my wants are his wants, than I can ask and know it will be given. We are relocating because God has called us there. He has a plan for us. I know He will provide. That doesn't mean we may not have difficulties or even have to make some sacrifices, but I do believe that God wants us to financially support Second Chance. This means that He has a job for Doug that will provide for all our needs. We may not have all our "wants", but then again, maybe we will. I just know I have to have faith and trust that God's path for me is the best one to be on, no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment