Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Lessons for the Treadmill

So, I've started working out again. Ok, so today was my first day, but still... I'm doing a training for a 5K app on my iphone. It's really cool. I was able to import songs from my ipod and listen to them while I work out. It's basically interval training where you walk for a 1 1/2 minutes and then run for a minute. I'm hoping recording this here will help me stick with it! Summer is coming and I really need to get in shape, never mind the McDonalds I just had for lunch :)

So, anyway, I learned a couple of things while on the treadmill this morning:

1.) Trying to "dance" to Toby Mac while running on a treadmill is not recommended.
2.) If your bangs are not in your face than that means your headband is still on and you do not have to look around searching for it, afraid it would get sucked up into the treadmill, and almost falling off.
3.) The extension cord that is laying across the edge of the treadmill is not the non-missing headband, so you can quit looking at it every few minutes.
4.) It is much easier to put a bun in your hair BEFORE you get on the treadmill and not while you're walking.
5.) If your treadmill happens to be right beside your mirror, do not think you can watch the belly fat disappear, it will take a little more time.
6.) In your mid 20s, working out might have been refreshing, but in your mid 30s you're going to need a nice long break with your feet up just so you can walk again.

No comments:

Post a Comment