Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Sometimes God Just doesn't Make Sense!

Sometimes God calls us to do things that just don't make sense. This is very hard for me because I am a very logical person. I mean why would you cold call people you don't even know and invite them to church. That's what our church did when it first started up. I thought it was crazy. No one's going to come to church from a phone call from somebody they don't even know. Yet that's exactly how Shelly came to our church. Now, she is one of the biggest spiritual influences in my life. She serves on the church board and is an amazing women. If left up to me, she might not even be at our church

Matt and Brooke are the pastor and his wife that will be leading Second Chance Church in Fishers, IN. They have been trying to sell their house for over 6 months. About 6 weeks ago, Matt moved to the Fishers area leaving Brooke and their son Warrick here. This lasted for about a month before Matt really felt like Brooke was supposed to quit her job and move to Fishers with him. He really thought God wanted them to be together as a family. Now this just doesn't make sense. Brooke's job was paying their house payment. If she quit, where would the money come from to pay it? Well, after praying, they really felt like this was what God wanted them to do. Brooke was in Indiana for one week when their house sold. Not only did it sell, but they got a very decent offer. They countered back and the buyer was so impressed with their counter that he offered to pay MORE! What?!? When does it ever happen that someone gets a counter and decides to pay MORE than the seller is asking!

Like I said, following God sometimes just doesn't make sense. How many times do I miss a plan or even just a blessing God has for me because I don't want to step out in faith and do what He is calling me to do? Lord, help me to be unlogical, unpractical and live by faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment