Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Discouraged

So we're on this road to Fishers. We're so amazed and humbled to be called. I wish we could just live on that "high" all the time. Unfortunately, life is not all highs. There are many lows. The key is to be joyful in the highs and the lows. Yesterday was a very low day for me.

It just seems that for every two steps forward we take in the remodeling project, it's one step back. We're making progress, but it's just sooooo slow! I know, I know, we should expect for there to be set backs and problems during remodeling. I guess I'm ok with that, but it's almost ridiculous the things that are happening! Doug broke two toilets yesterday. Now, installing a toilet is not that hard, in fact, Doug has done this many times. He has no idea how they broke. First, he was setting it on the drain and it cracked. Now this was not just a tiny crack, a triangle size piece broke off the bottom that was about a foot tall. Just crazy. So, he goes and gets a new bottom for it and was attaching the top to it and it cracked. It's just so frustrating. Now we're set back by about $100 and we're getting really low on our renovating funds.

I'm also starting to get really stressed about Doug finding the job. The problem is is that Doug's a cop. However, he cannot get a cop job when we move due to his age. Also, even if he could get a cop job, he would start back at the bottom of the pay scale and shift bid. Looking for related fields is not that easy as well. Most security positions pay about half of what he's making now. Unfortunately, we're not in a place where we can live on half of his pay. Honest to goodness, we can cut our cable bill and that's about it. Everything else are just basic expenses. So, I just can't see how this is going to work out....

...with my human eyes. I'm so thankful that God does not live and work and breath in the human world. Every night before bed I read a page from Beth Moore's "Praying God's Word Day by Day." Here's a portion of what I read last night:

I praise You, God of heaven and Lord of earth! You are not a man, that You should lie, nor a son of man, that You should change Your mind. Do You speak and then not act? Do you promise and not fulfill? (Num. 23:19). You are always faithful, God! How grateful I am to know that You will never lie to me.

You see, God called us to Fishers. We know this without a doubt in our minds. So that means he has a plan for us.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

That means that God is not calling us to Fishers and then going to just leave us or even worse, leave it all up to us. He has a plan. He will provide. Everything will come together in His time.

This doesn't mean that life will be perfect. This doesn't mean that there won't be lows. But it does mean that God is with us no matter what and His plan is for our good. So, all these promises that I know in my heart, I'm working on believing them in my head. Not an easy feet, but I know God is using this time of frustration and having to trust in Him to mold me and help me be who He wants me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment