Thursday, March 31, 2011

Her First Sleep Over



Jazlyn spent the night with a friend for the first time night before last. It's not surprising that it's her first time since she's only three! She was just going to play for the afternoon, which extended to after supper and then to all night. I was very surprised that she stayed. But of course I forgot one very important thing

EMMA

Emma is Jazlyn's best friend. It is so funny to think of a three year old with a best friend, but it's true. She talks about her all the time. She wants to dress like her whenever they're going to be together. I actually have to lie and say "Yes, that's what Emma's wearing" when we leave for church. I made the mistake of making them matching outfits, now they're hooked :)

I dread moving and separating them. It's the first time I have honestly felt any qualms. I hate the idea of leaving my bible study girls and my small group. I'm really going to miss my church. But, I'm ok with all that. Jazlyn leaving Emma, well that's harder to take. They're just so precious together!

I guess what's so hard is that because she's so young, she's more than likely going to forget all about this first friendship after a time. That's just really hard to take. They love each other soooo much. They get in trouble and have to be separated at tumbling. When they're not separated, they are sitting next to each other. If there's no room beside one of them, the other will just stand and stare at whoever is sitting by the one sitting down until that person moves. It's so funny how all the kids understand that Emma and Jazlyn sit next to each other. They hug and hold hands. They're just so adorable. And I don't think there's anything better than a couple of 3-4 year olds carrying a conversation!

The good thing is that I know God has friends for each of us in Indiana. I've also talked to Gretchen and let her know that we expect a lot of visits! Until we move, we're doing more than ever together. I don't know if that's a good plan or not, but that's what I'm doing. Next on the list is a princess tea on Sunday. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment