Friday, March 18, 2011

How Many Hairs do I Have?

Matthew 10:30 "But the very hairs of your head are numbered"

I don't know how many strands of hair I have. I do know that some fall out every day and every day more start growing in. It is an ever changing number. Yet God knows that number every minute and every second of the day. Do you think God cares how many strands of hair I have? Do you think he keeps a log with that ever changing number always kept up to date? I don't think so. I think the bible tells us this to show us how intimately and how thoroughly God knows us. No one knows us like God knows us.

Why then do I try to hide my fears, my mistakes, my shame from Him? He already knows everything even more completely than I think I do. Why do I not come to Him and allow Him the healing, the comfort, the forgiveness, the peace that He so anxiously awaits to give me? Dr Phil always says "you can't change something that you won't admit." This is so very true with God. He can't do the work in us He needs to do until we admit that there is no way we can do it on our own.

You know what, not only does He know us so completely, so thoroughly, but He loves us anyway! Thank you Lord! Next time I have to pick a hair off my sweater or coat, I'm going to take a moment and think that it's an example of God's love for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment