Monday, March 21, 2011

What do my Actions Say?

Matthew 11:2-5

And when John had heard in prison about the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples and said to Him, “Are You the Coming One, or do we look for another?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “Go and tell John the things which you hear and see: The blind see and the lame walk; the lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear; the dead are raised up and the poor have the gospel preached to them.


John wanted to know if Jesus was the Christ. Isn't it just like Jesus to not just say "yes." Instead he basically says "look at my actions." Look at my actions and decide for yourself who you think I am.

What are my actions like? Do people have to ask if I'm a Christian, or can they look at my life, see the fruit I bare and say "there's something different about her." I know that I'm not perfect. I'm not going to look and act like Jesus all of the time. But those times should not be the norm. Every thing I do, every thought I have, everything about me should show who I am. I am a child of God.

My reading this morning ties in perfectly with the sermon yesterday. Pastor Dale talked about the fig tree Jesus saw when he was hungry yet it didn't have any fruit on it. Jesus cursed it and it withered and died. Jesus expects us to bare fruit that looks like him. It's not an option. It's not a Sunday thing. It's an everyday, every moment thing. It's a life changing thing. It's being transformed from the inside out. It's not an overnight thing, however. It's a process that won't be complete until we get to heaven. But we need to be on that journey, taking steps day by day. Slowing being transformed to look and act like Jesus. Lord, Help me to do that today!

No comments:

Post a Comment