Sunday, March 6, 2011

Twinkle Toes


Jazzy has wanted a pair of Sketcher's Twinkle Toes for a long time. Well, at least since she saw them on Emma. They are sparkly pink and have jewels that light up when she walks. I mean, what's not to love! Well, they're $40. I tried to get them last month when I could have bought one pair of shoes and got the second one half off, but the store, of course, did not have her size. Well, yesterday, I had to get Austin a new pair of shoes. Side note - had to buy him a size 10, which is the same size that Doug wears! Anyway, while we were at the mall, we went into Journey Kidz. They had the shoes, so I had to buy them for her. Funny thing is, I was just at Journey's getting Austin's shoes and saw a pair of shoes that I really liked, but they were $40. I really didn't want to spend $40 on shoes for myself, so I didn't get them. I didn't have a problem, 5 minutes later, spending $40 on shoes for Jazz. Oh, what you do for your kids.

I was so excited to give them to her when we got home. I had her open the box and she said "light up shoes!" She immediately put them on and was running around the house in them. She loved them! I knew she would. Fast forward to bed time. She wanted to wear them to bed. I told her no. She then threw a fit, crying hysterically for about half an hour. I finally gave her one so she could sleep with it, but not put it on. She stopped crying as hard, but was still crying. I finally gave her the other one as well. She still cried and said "but my feet are so cold." She ended up not going to sleep for over an hour! Austin got her up this morning and the first thing she wanted was her shoes. She came upstairs ready to put them on with only her diaper on. All in all, totally worth the $40!

No comments:

Post a Comment