Sunday, February 13, 2011

Austin David Jones February 13, 1997


I was induced the day after my due date. My doctor said I wasn't getting any bigger so there was no reason to keep me pregnant. I got up and took a shower and ate a pancake breakfast. We had to get to the hospital at 8:00am. By 8:30 they had started pitocin. By noonish, they had me at the maxed dosage with still no contractions. I was pretty scared at first, but after awhile, was just ready to feel something. Doug and I watched The Price is Right and played cards. They brought Doug a big lunch and I got to eat chicken broth and an orange popsicle.

Finally at 3:00, the doctor came in and said she was going to break my water. At around 3:30, I got up and went to bathroom. Austin was born at 4:07. Once it started, it went really fast. When he came out the doctor said he was one of the most beautiful babies she had ever seen. Doug and I definitely agreed!

It's hard to believe that was 14 years ago! So, happy birthday Austin! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment