Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Everlasting....

Yesterday, I told Jazlyn we had to go somewhere. She wanted to know if we were going to Auntie Kim's. I told her no and she said "Oh, we haven't moved there yet." Then she said the funniest thing. She said "are we going to push our house there?" I just laughed and told her we would be getting a brand new house there and a different family would be living here, in this house.

She doesn't understand everything. She doesn't even understand why we are moving. To her, it's all about being near Auntie Kim. What she doesn't realize is that this is going to make an everlasting change in her life.

God has given me two words over the past few months as we're starting on our journey. One is everlasting and the other is path. Today, I'm going to share about everlasting. We'll get to path another time.

Once we committed to going, when we KNEW that this is what God wanted for us, the word everlasting came to me. I feel so humbled when I think that God is going to use me. He's going to use me in this church and in other people's lives. We're going to to be used by God to make an everlasting difference to the people of Fishers. The funny thing is, is that they don't even know yet! The church is going to start and people's lives are going to be changed, forever, everlasting change. Doug and I and the other couples that are going are not going to be the same either. We get the privilege of God working through us to do something amazing. How can anybody be the same after that? We will be changed, everlasting change. I guess the one that I love the most is that my kids will be changed, everlasting! They might not get it all right now. I'm sure Austin understands, and Brandt might get it some, but definitely not Jazz. As they grow older, as their faith matures, they'll understand this huge leap of faith we're taking. They can look back at our example and be willing to step out in faith with God, to totally trust Him in their circumstances. Their faith is going to be changed, everlasting!

So, although it is kinda scary and I can really start to worry myself if I stop and think of everything that has to happen for us to get there and for the church to be a success. Instead of focusing on the now, I'm focusing on the everlasting. There's no better focus to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment