Saturday, February 19, 2011

When God Calls Us

I started reading in Matthew today. I've decided I want to really study Jesus and the person He is. Today I read about Mary and Joseph. They were engaged and Mary finds herself with child. Joseph decides to divorce her quietly and that'll be the end of it. Then, the angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph and told him the child was of the Holy Spirit. I keep thinking, what if Joseph would have said no? What if Mary would have said no? This was not an easy road for either of them. God must've known they would say yes. He must've known they would follow wherever he leads. Does God know that about me? He has called us to Fishers. I know he has a wonderful plan there. Does God need me to make His work happen? Not necessarily. God can work however He wants. But, He chooses us! I have no idea what my future looks like. But I do know that I'm on this Path that God has chosen for me. I just need to be obedient and He'll take care of the rest. In the mean time, I get to sit back and watch God do amazing things and I'm going to have this small part in it. How blessed am I!

No comments:

Post a Comment