Monday, February 21, 2011

Keeping me in check

Brandt did not have a good day yesterday. Him and Austin fought ALL DAY! He was horrible when it was time to bed. It just was not a good day for him. I finally went up to put him in bed. I covered him up and started walking out of the room and he said "you didn't even tuck me in." So, I came back gave him a kiss and took a few minutes just to talk to him. Found out that he was upset because we hadn't been eating together as a family at the dining room table and that we hadn't been playing games together as a family. Wow! What a check! He just wants us. He just wants us to spend time with him. Kids aren't complicated. They want to know that you love them and you show them that by your actions. So, we are eating together at the table, no matter what! We are also going to get intentional about doing things together as a family. Thank you Brandt!

No comments:

Post a Comment