Friday, February 11, 2011

The faith of Abraham

I was reading in Romans today about the righteousness of Abraham. Abraham was 75 years old when God promised him a son. Isaac was born when Abraham was 100 years old. During the 25 years between the promise and when the promise was fulfilled, Abraham's faith never waivered and it was "counted to him as righteousness." 25 years is a long time to wait! I think I would have been like "Yo, God, I'm not getting any younger here!" But it says that Abraham's faith NEVER waivered. Day in and day out, Abraham believed that God would follow through. He trusted God. He had faith.

We're on this journey to Fishers and I have no idea what the road looks like. I have faith that everything's going to work out just fine. Of course, I've only been on this journey for about 2 months, Matt & Brooke have been waiting over 2 years! What is my faith going to look like if it takes longer than I think it should? Sometimes I wish we were already there. Then I stop to think about all that I'd be missing. I'm so excited to see how God is going to work all this out, and He will. In His time. In His way. My job is to trust. To have faith. When the road takes a turn I'm not expecting, I'll just keep my eyes on Him. Maybe we'll be there by June, which is my desire. Maybe we won't be there until August, when Matt would like the families to be there. Or, maybe God has a different plan. As time goes on and I'm not understanding God's timing, maybe I'll take a look at Abraham. If he can wait 25 years, I'm sure I can wait a few months. After all, I'm on an everlasting journey and sometimes the everlasting takes more than a few days, weeks or even months.

No comments:

Post a Comment