Monday, February 28, 2011

A Mistake???? I Don't Think So!

I have been struggling the past couple of weeks with not "feeling" God's presence. When we first felt called to Fishers and literally felt God speak to us, it was so amazing. For the next month or so, as we're telling everybody and reliving the experience of being called, I just felt so close to God. Seeing how he specifically called us. Has a plan for us. Cares about us. It was just so amazing. Well, then the waiting comes. We have to get our house remodeled before when can try to sell it. We've been waiting for Doug to start looking for jobs once the house is listed. So, we're just doing the everyday thing. It's amazing how you can so easily "lose" God in the everyday. Not that he's not there. Not even that I haven't heard his voice. But, those amazing moments are fading. You can't ride high all the time, sometimes things are just "normal." It's hard to live "normal" once you have such an amazing experience. So, I've been seeking and praying and just trying to get those feelings back, and when I don't, I start to question where I'm at. Why don't I "feel" God.

I came down this morning to have my devotions once the kids left for school. My bible study is doing Lysa Terkeurst's "Becoming More Than a Good Bible Study Girl." It's really an amazing study. So I set down and read the next chapter. The title of the chapter "What do I do when I don't feel God." I don't know how many times I've set down to do this study and it spoke right at what I was dealing with! To sum up very loosely what I got from today..when we don't "feel" God with our hearts, we make a choice in our minds to KNOW that God is near and the heart will follow! After I read the chapter, I opened the study guide to do the questions. I got confused because it appeared that I hadn't done the prior lesson. Started looking at the schedule, the book and messages I had sent out and Yep! I had done the wrong lesson! Really? No, I had done the perfect lesson God wanted me to do for today. I just did it one month early for our study. So, now I'm behind in my bible study, but Oh so thankful for a God that supplies my every need. Provides words I need to hear. That loves me that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment