Monday, June 15, 2009

Be Careful What You Wish For!

I have one less child this week. My mom left today after being here over the weekend and took Brandt home with her for the week. Not that I ever wish for less children, but I definitely wish for some quiet at times. This morning they were bouncing off the walls. I swear someone sneaked them all energy drinks. Jesse came over to help Doug do the cam lights in the kitchen, so mom and I took Brandt and Jazz to the store with us. Jazlyn came up to me while I was getting fabric cut at Hobby Lobby and said "bruddie and I runnin." That pretty much summed up the morning. Earlier, Brandt was supposed to be cleaning his room since the attic entrance is in there. I go in to find him and Jazlyn under all the covers on the bed. She sticks her head up and says "bruddie and I hidin" They wouldn't listen and they ran everywhere! At that time, I wished to go back to the Turkey Festival where I didn't deal with kids, just mostly quiet and an occasional customer. I read and got some crafting done. Now, it's back to being a mom. It's weird how different it is with just one less child here. I really miss him. I'm sure if he was here, Austin and him would either be fighting or running around like mad men. I'm going to try to enjoy the madness going forward. Take some deep breaths and smile, because one thing I'm realizing is that this is but a moment. They won't be running around here forever. They'll be running around elsewhere. Today it's with mammaw, tomorrow it'll be their friends and then to start their own life. I don't dread it. It's a good thing. I just want to enjoy now. What do I wish for? The joy of watching and enjoying my children...everyday...no matter if it's a good day or bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment