Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I did not have the best dad growing up. I know that towards the end, he definitely would have done things differently if he could have. I say that to say how thankful I am that my kids have Doug. They fight over who gets to sit by him at restaraunts, they get excited to "play" with him and if given a choice, they would choose him to read a book to them instead of me. This brings me to what happened today. I bought Jazlyn a Dora the Explorer seek and find book. She was sitting at the island today looking at it. She motioned to me to come over and said "come here." I started reading the book with her. Then Doug walked in. She literally pushed me aside and motioned for Doug to come over and said "come here." Then he came over and read with her. At first, I was a little offended. Then, I realized how precious it was. I LOVE that my kids love their dad so much. Even more, I LOVE that he loves them that much! So, I can take a back seat...at least sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment