Wednesday, June 17, 2009

It's OK to say "no"

I was recently asked to be the children's director at our Pekin Campus that is launching in September. At first, I was like Yeah, I'll probably do it! Then, I really got to thinking about all I do right now. I am a stay at home mom, I run Jazzy Girl Boutique, I do bookeeping for a business and soon to be a second one and I'm treasurer of the PFK at the kids' school. I am also trying to enjoy my kids while they're young. It's so hard when it's church! I want to volunteer! I want to be involved! I want my kids to see me involved! But, I also want them know that it is ok to say no. After sitting back and looking at my life, I realized that this is not the position for me at this time. I can be involved in an area that is not a 10-15 hour a week position. I don't want to miss Jazlyn coming down the stairs with Doug. He's in his softball uniform and she has a pair of socks pulled up past her knees just like him! So I've found a position that is needed, that I'll be good at and that is only a few hours on Sunday. It's so good to serve and be a mom! I wouldn't want to give up either one!

No comments:

Post a Comment