Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's All About Winning

Yesterday, I was working on birthday party hats for Tremont Turkey Festival. I use my big cutting machine to cut out the cardstock for the bases. I was having Brandt push the button on the computer to start the machine. Of course, this turned into a competition. The machine was beating me. It would finish cutting one before I had another mat started. My kids, at least my two boys, always want to win. "I ate the first bite" "I got the first drink" "I stepped inside the door first" Anything they can make a competition, they do. Where does this competitiveness come from? Is it just something innate in us? This made me wonder if I'm teaching them to win at the most important race of all. Are they winning for Jesus? They can win at anything on earth and it all be for nothing if they lose the Big Race!

Hebrews 12:1
Therfore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us.

No comments:

Post a Comment